Protocol is a quarterly publication featuring columns and articles of interest to professionals in the entertainment technology industry on business and technical topics, current standards issues, certification developments, and trade shows. Since its inception in 1994, Protocol has grown to become the leading source of information for businesses in the field of entertainment technology.
Between its covers you will find a variety of articles on topics ranging from:
- Business - marketing, insurance, information technologies, accounting, legal issues, and money-saving techniques specific to operating a business in the entertainment technology industry
- Technology - articles encompassing new technologies and the proper use of existing technologies
- Industry Developments - track the progress being made in Technical Standards, Certification, and Technical Education
- News - watch Protocol for information on upcoming trade shows and events, awards, and membership benefits
This issue’s highlights include:
- Mats Karlsson writes about video displays and luminaires which must meet stringent electromagnetic compatibility regulations—and the technical and legal issues involved.
- Tony Hansen discusses LEDs and the state of the technology—a presentation he will share at PLASA Focus: Orlando on May 15. Read more in this issue.
- “Understanding insurance to protect your business” by Scott Taylor is a must read for every owner/manager!
- Jim Digby and Dr. Donald C. Cooper update readers on the Event Safety Alliance and the Event Safety Guide that is currently in public review.
- The Long Reach Long Riders celebrate ten years of fun and fundraising to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDs and The ESTA Foundation’s Behind the Scenes program
- Mike Wood explains the new America Invents Act in “Out of the Wood”
- Richard Wolpert shares his ten essential tools—and invites you to share yours in “Tech Tips”
- “Shadow, Light, and Truth” by Richard Cadena looks at triplens
- Tom Young reminisces on Stephen Skirpan and his groundbreaking innovations in solid-state lighting control in the “History Project” column
- Managing career change is the topic of Bill Groener’s “Soft Sell” sales column
- Craig Carlson shares why IATSE’s Local 2 has placed a top priority on training, safety, and ETCP certification for their members
- Ron Bonner tackles the challenges of standardizing standards across the globe in this installment of “Standards Watch”
- PERG addresses equipment theft and security with members in their recent meeting at NAB—as well as the results of the 2013 business survey
- Karl Ruling has been busy! He writes both the USITT Stage Expo and Prolight + Sound recaps—if you missed these shows, now you can catch up!
And much more!
To access any past issue of Protocol, simply click on the current issue's cover at right and then click on the "Archive" tab on the left side of the digital edition to access past issues.
PLASA is interested in your feedback. If you have opinions about Protocol, ideas for articles, or a Letter To the Editor, drop Beverly Inglesby, Protocol's editor, a line at
Protocol is also available for Android!
Protocol is now on the iPhone and iPad!
Click here to get it on GooglePlay.
|Read Protocol Online
|Subscribe to Protocol for free
|Advertise in Protocol
|Like us on Facebook