Protocol is a quarterly publication featuring columns and articles of interest to professionals in the entertainment technology industry on business and technical topics, current standards issues, certification developments, and trade shows. Since its inception in 1994, Protocol has grown to become the leading source of information for businesses in the field of entertainment technology.
Between its covers you will find a variety of articles on topics ranging from:
- Business - marketing, insurance, information technologies, accounting, legal issues, and money-saving techniques specific to operating a business in the entertainment technology industry
- Technology - articles encompassing new technologies and the proper use of existing technologies
- Industry Developments - track the progress being made in Technical Standards, Certification, and Technical Education
- News - watch Protocol for information on upcoming trade shows and events, awards, and membership benefits
This issue’s highlights include:
- “Stage Lighting and the Environment: Results from a Year-Long Study” by Katie Oman shares how Fisher Dachs Associates, in association with Seattle Rep Theatre, gathered data to help SRT make informed decisions about stage lighting.
- Explore “Smarter Buildings for Performance Technology and Infrastructure” with Arup’s Larry Tedford, David Wilts, and Robert Young
- Check out the PLASA Rock Our World Award finalists—recognizing groundbreaking achievement in entertainment technology that catapults the industry forward
- Read the latest from the PLASA London show
- Bill Sapsis shares his insights from the enlightening PLASA Rigging Conference
- How does Rosco implement their mantra of “continuous improvement?” Tracey Cosgrove, charged with this in her job description, will share her perspective!
- “Developing a Business Security Program” by Ed Norton was such a hot topic at the spring PERG meeting at NAB, Ed agreed to share his must-read presentation
- “BizQuestions” with David Schraffenberger addresses Key Performance Indicators and employees on long-term deployment
- Bill Groener focuses on nurturing long-term customer relationships in “Soft Sell”
- “Out of the Wood” by Mike Wood explores the Television Consistency Index (TLCI)
- “Shadow, Light, and Truth” by Richard Cadena outlines the BGA’s Greener Lighting Framework Initiative
- ETCP News from David Rosenberg describes “Raising the Bar with ETCP”
- Standards Watch with Ron Bonner takes a look at EN 54
- PLASA Focus: Austin—catch up on the show, Professional Development Program, and networking event for greater Texas
- PLASA Members Choice Product Awards Nominees (who submitted their entries by the earlier Protocol deadline will be included in the Fall issue listing) for Equipment, Gadget, and Expendable—voted on by members attending LDI and announced at the LDI Awards show
- Don’t miss the Technical Standards Program seminars and The ESTA Foundation sessions offered during LDI
- Travel to Australia with Karl Ruling as he experiences Entech
And much more!
To access any past issue of Protocol, simply click on the current issue's cover at right and then click on the "Archive" tab on the left side of the digital edition to access past issues.
PLASA is interested in your feedback. If you have opinions about Protocol, ideas for articles, or a Letter To the Editor, drop Beverly Inglesby, Protocol's editor, a line at
Protocol is also available for Android!
Protocol is now on the iPhone and iPad!
Click here to get it on GooglePlay.
|Read Protocol Online
|Subscribe to Protocol for free
|Advertise in Protocol
|Like us on Facebook