The PERG/AICP Terms and Conditions sample form was revised in 2013 to include changes that clarify the responsibilities of the production and rental company parties to the contract. These changes include:
- Expansion of instructions to assist in the use of the Terms and Conditions form and to clarify that the use of the form is voluntary and that terms and conditions in the sample form agreement must be evaluated by each user and adapted to meet the user’s specific business and legal needs.
- Deletion of reference in Section 1 to federal, state and other laws and regulations and inclusion of mutual responsibility to comply with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Clarification in Section 5 to provide that Customer is deemed to take possession of equipment at the moment the equipment is in Customer’s custody and control
- Inclusion in Section 7 of specified damages if the Customer fails to maintain its required insurance policies and limits of insurance or if claims and losses are not covered or paid by Customer’s insurance
- Deletion in Section 7a of $1 million property insurance minimum to be maintained by Customer, while retaining requirement that Customer’s property insurance coverage must be sufficient to encompass all property at risk, regardless of source
- Inclusion in Section 7d of Customer’s right to provide written confirmation that insurance remains in full force and effect in order to prevent automatic termination of agreement
Read about some highlights of the Terms and Conditions
Background on the development of the Terms and Conditions
If you have any questions about the use of this document, or would like the AICP and PLASA logos emailed to you, please contact:
Harry Box, PERG Council Manager at
Lori Rubinstein, Executive Director North America at