Barbizon Electric Company of New York is looking for a full time proactive salesperson in the fast paced, continually changing entertainment lighting industry.
Barbizon Electric is the leading supplier of entertainment lighting, rigging, drapery and expendables serving the industry of theater, television, film, schools, universities, themed environments and a wide variety of other facilities for more than 60 years.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining existing customer relationships
- Identifying and developing new customer relationships
- Evaluating customer needs and providing equipment appropriate for their applications
- Follow up with customers with the intention of generating repeat business
- Handling incoming sales calls, provide product information and pricing
- Make contact with sales leads furnished by sales manager with the intention of turning the lead into a customer
- Meet with vendors as they visit the store, looking for ways to improve product knowledge and sales techniques
- Processing orders
- Customer Service
- Other duties as needed
Required Skills include:
- Working knowledge of the equipment and its applications
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must be able to easily adapt to different software programs
- Two of more years of experience in sales is strongly preferred
Barbizon is a national corporation with small company atmosphere. A competitive salary and excellent benefits package is available for a proven performer.
For consideration, send a cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word document attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org